New books, new shelves, new display window, same half-asleep dog.
- I did an interview with Jen from Ink Well magazine a few weeks ago. You can read the full text here. Ink Well is a terrific online lit mag that would make a wonderful addition to your Tumblr dashboard or RSS feed.
- This week's New Arrivals page doesn't do the sheer volume of our new acquisitions justice. So much stuff. Just come in.
- Not a bad display window, eh? Credit goes to Chicago artist Sara Heymann for all her hard work and a design that is somehow sweet, creepy, and cozy all at the same time.
- I forgot to mention this a while ago, but Josh Watkins works here now. And, you already knew about Ruth Oppenheim-Rothschild, yes? She has been here for a while, and she is in charge of our events calendar now.
- Speaking of events, here's one way, way in the future: Erin Watson will be launching her new poetry chapbook, No Experiences (or, 24 Ways of Looking at a Spam Horse)
- Meghan Lamb, featuring Amanda Marbais, Jac Jemc, Cassandra Troyan, Hillary Stone, and Michelle Sinsky. This event takes place at Uncharted Books on Thursday, August 30 at 7 pm. And don't forget Game Night every Wednesday from 7-9 pm! "Dark of the Male, Light of the Female: Women Writing About Horrible Things," a reading series hosted by